The sales process is as follows:
- Deposits of $10,000 USD will be made by bank transfer to, and held by Teresa de Grosbois until sufficient sales are achieved to confirm eligibility for the bulk discount. You deposit is refundable within 10 calendar days of agreeing to this sale. If a total of 9 lots are not sold by 31 Dec 2015 your deposit will be returned.
- At the point that 9 lots have been sold, Teresa de Grosbois will release $30,000 of the deposit money to the Beuna Vista Berlin / Mark A. Koeppl (BVB / MAK), the land seller, to proceed.
- BVB/MAK will then proceed to:
- Obtain finalized survey of lots
- Purchase water meters
- Create a corporation for your lot (each with a unique legal identification number; you can change the name at your expense)
- Obtain an uso de suelo (certification of land use) for your lot. NOTE the Uso de suelo permit expires in three months. You or your builder/ architect may need to re-obtain a current uso de suelo when building (no cost)
- In the event that greater than 50% of your lot is deemed unsuitable for building because of legal restrictions based on water protection rules, you the buyer will have the option to either have a full refund of the deposit from both Teresa (for the portion of the deposit she holds) and BVB/MAK (for their portion held) or swap lots on an equivalent size/price basis, i.e. a failed 500 meter lot could be swapped for a 500 meter lot, or a credit of that amount toward a larger lot. NOTE: 30% buildable will be applied to lots 5, 7 and 9 as they are situated along the creek.
- At this point, you the buyer will pay an additional $12,000 USD
- BVB/MAK will work with developers to finalize roads, electrical and water service as specified and confirm high speed DSL internet service is available from 1-2 providers, and that service can be provided to each lot at the buyer’s cost
- Upon completion and inspection by buyer or buyer’s agent, lot buyer will transfer remaining money owed to BVB/MAK within 6 weeks of being informed services are finalized. The corporation, and its land assets, will then be transferred to you the new owner.
- Once the project moves forward, should you back out at any point, for reasons other than a land use ruling that is unfavorable, you can sell or assign your interest in a lot to another buyer.
- Once 18 lots have been sold, you will be given access to a pool and shared business resource center with high speed wireless Internet and printer.